Monday, May 12, 2008

Eyes that hold no hope

I have seen eyes that hold no hope.

Souls struggling... for nothing.

Working desparately for everything that they can't quite grasp... working so hard for everything that will never last...

All their work in vain.

Yesterday... I struggled to understand what the World's birth pains where... I knew of famines, of tragedy... but today... today it just all seems so close.

Too close.

Hurricanes, Tornados, Earthquakes... Thousands upon thousands of souls gone in a flash.

Birth pains (Matthew 24)... I understand now.

My heart struggles... We have it so easy and yet.

Of those... I'm sure that among those are my brothers and sisters.

I'm sure of it.

And they are struggling now.

I pray for them.

And I have seen the power of prayer.

Miracles upon miracles performed by our Lord.

Far away, and close to home. People need to know the way.

Because the darkness draws close...

But God is in the darkness. This I know.

His Light overcomes the darkness...

He is the Light to an overwhelmingly dark world.

And His children, His reflection even in the darkest of days...

Pray for His reflecting lights... Pray for His people... Pray for the lost... Pray for those surrounded by dark...

I see the darkness drawning closer, but I'm scared of my own weakness. I'm scared when I see brother and sister turn on each other over the silliest things... because if we don't stand shoulder to shoulder now... then when?

Help us Lord to be strong in You. Help us to stand side by side... Forgive us for being so weak... for being so easy to bend... for being so quick to find fault in others... and so slow to find it in ourselves... Help those hurting right now... be with those in the dark... Please stay near to us Father... Help all of us who are reflections to be as bright as we can... and guide our footsteps directly into Your loving arms...

0 comments: