Monday, April 28, 2008

Wish I could...

Today...

Excitement filled the air around me.

Thoughts swirled above my head, just waiting to be grabbed and pulled down to paper.

My mind turned back to yesterday.

It's amazing what can happen when you pull a group of people from so many different walks of life and unite them with a single cause.

A few days ago I was listening to a sermon from one of my favorite pastors... he was talking about how strange it is that we can say we love Christ, we can act 'righteous' until we run into someone who believes the same things we do, but is a little too different for our comfort. He talked about how ridiculous it is that we don't embrace them, but give them a cold shoulder. How awful is it that we shy away from the people who are different from us! The believers that walk alongside me who are the MOST different from me, the ones that MOST often make me uncomfortable, who I MOSTly don't get are the ones who stretch my faith, challenge me to grow closer to God, and expose parts of me I hadn't recognized before. Those people I love (among other reasons) for those reasons! I love being around people who are similar AND different from me. I think it's good for us to be uncomfortable sometimes. After all Christ didn't come to make us more comfortable...

... He didn't come to pave a life of comfort and security for us.

... way too often we are way too comfortable in this world. With this life...

But one day, we all all live comfortably, wonderfully together united in the purpose of praising our savior...

Sometimes I just can't wait for that day to be here!!!

But in the meantime... there's so much to be done. So many people who need to hear, and so many lives that need to be touched.

In the meantime, I need to become more like Him and less like the world. I need to stretch, grow, and reach further...

And I need to remember that life on earth is just that... life for the meantime...

0 comments: