Sunday, April 27, 2008

In His Hands

I have so much to say… So much I have learned.

Hurts from the past finally laid to rest… Vulnerability confessed and finally practiced. Faith placed back where it belongs – in His hands. Lately, I've been feeling as though God is doing such great things… I can't place my finger on just what it is… Just that it is happening: and that I will continue to pray.

Tonight… A dear friend called unexpectedly. Normally we talk about work-related things, but tonight was something new… Something sweet, unexpected and so encouraging in many ways – a new branch of friendship formed.

A few days ago… I drove down the old ranch road. The windows rolled down, a favorite song playing on the radio. I held my hand up and looked as my fingers laced through the sky, as though I were tracing the stars…

…and my thoughts wandered. Our Father knows the exact number of stars in the sky… How humbling, how exciting! The very fact that He knows us by name… knows our every thought… every breath… and loves us like He does. An impossible, beautiful, awe-inspiring love.

How I love Him... and how wonderful to know that my faith in Him assures me that no matter how I might mess things up, I will always be securely placed where I belong - in His Hands.

0 comments: