Monday, July 14, 2008

Wow God

Lately I have been having a lot of "Wow God" moments.

Some have been sad "Wow God" moments...

Like "Wow God" I don't understand. I don't know how to react. I don't know what You are doing. I don't know what to do. I don't know... I just don't know... Almost like "Wow God" if I didn't know better I would almost think You were cruel. But I know, I believe with everything in me, with all of my heart that You have a greater purpose than what I can see, than what I can feel, than what I can touch. I know my limited view just isn't allowing me to see the greatness You are working. You are the great "I am" and I know that You are working all things together for the good of those who love You and have been called according to Your purpose (Romans 8).

There have also been a lot of incredible "Wow God" moments...

Last week I got in my car and pulled out of the parking lot of one of my favorite restuarants with tears pooling in my eyes, because He is so great... He is just so much bigger than I can ever even begin to understand. To think He delights in us. Delights in flawed, sinful, and deceptive us. To know that He beautifully weaves lives together to bring Him Glory... It's beautiful. And to think we see just the tip of the iceburg of what is really being done. I can't think of anything else to say besides "Wow God!".

I have met some of the most amazing people this past week and it's definitely not because of anything I did. It has nothing to do with anything I could have ever done. He put it together. He orchestrated it. And I'm blessed for it.

A few years ago, when I went through a really hard time in my life, He gave me a heart to see that in everything He is in control... and that He is doing all things for the good of those who love Him. Not just a few things, not just occasionally - He works ALL things together for our good. All.

When He opened my eyes to that, He also opened my eyes to His heart in so many ways... It's one of the greatest things I've ever been blessed to know... I wouldn't trade that time in my life for anything, because now I know. Now I see it. Now I don't take it for granted. Now I know that you can feel the hurt, cry the tears, feel the pain, but at the same time fully know that He is in control, and He is working all things for good. Whether we understand it or not, that is what He is doing. And in Him, we find peace, we find hope, we find mercy, we find grace even in the saddest, most confusing moments life can bring us. He is so great!

Wow God!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post...we've got a lot going on right now and it was a beautiful reminder of things that I needed to hear today.

I've been praying for you...a little birdie tells me what's going on with you frequently and I'm so excited about what God's doing in your life! :)